The Center for Security Studies at ETH Zurich is seeking, immediately or by arrangement,a Research Fellow (80-100%) in the area of Strategy and Doctrine.
In the research area of strategy and doctrine, you will be responsible for establishing and expanding academic expertise. Your activities will focus on studying the conceptual foundations and practical challenges of security and defense policy. You will independently develop academic publications as well as practical analyses and studies on the transformation of armed forces,modern warfare and arms/proliferation. You will communicate with academic,
administrative, military, and political experts and foster contact with foreignpartner institutes. Your area of responsibility will also include organizing and conducting conferences.
• University degree (preferably Ph.D.)
• Proven track record in the area of strategic studies and knowledge of Swiss security and defense policy
• Experience in writing academic publications with practical applications
• Very good oral and written skills in English and German
• Ability to work in a team, flexibility, and capacity for independent academic work
• Administrative experience in an (inter-)national environment;
• Confident appearance
What we offer
This is a multi-faceted and challenging task at a renowned university in a dynamic work environment. You will be able to take advantage of the further education program at ETH Zurich.
Please send your complete application (including two texts composed by yourself) by 31 May 2007 to ETH Zurich, Mr. André Schmid, head of personnel, reference: STRAT-SIPO, Postfach, 8092 Zurich (please, no email applications). For further enquiries, please contact Daniel Möckli (+41 44 632 78 70).